M.S. in Bioengineering,
Hanyang University, 2015
M.S. in Biomedical Engineering,
Cornell University, 2019
Jongkil is a sixth year Ph.D. candidate and currently working on recapitulating native tissue-like fiber formation within the tissue-engineered meniscus.
- Ullah, I., Chung, K., Beloor, J., Kim, J., Cho, M., Kim, N., … & Lee, S. K. (2016). Trileucine residues in a ligand-CPP-based siRNA delivery platform improve endosomal escape of siRNA. Journal of Drug Targeting, 1-10.
- Kim, J., Chung, K., Choi, C., Beloor, J., Ullah, I., Kim, N., … & Kumar, P. (2016). Silencing CCR2 in Macrophages Alleviates Adipose Tissue Inflammation and the Associated Metabolic Syndrome in Dietary Obese Mice. Molecular Therapy—Nucleic Acids, 5(1), e280.
- Beloor, J., Ramakrishna, S., Nam, K., Seon Choi, C., Kim, J., Kim, S. H., … & Lee, S. K. (2015). Effective Gene Delivery into Human Stem Cells with a Cell‐Targeting Peptide‐Modified Bioreducible Polymer. Small, 11(17), 2069-2079.
Posters and Presentations
- Kim J. and Bonassar LJ. ” Intermediate Concentrations of TGF-β1 Enhance Fiber Formation and Alignment in Tissue Engineered Meniscus” ORS, poster, 2019. (please link this to https://www.ors.org/
- Kim J. and Bonassar LJ. “The Influence of TGF-β1 on Fiber Formation and Alignment in Fibrochondrocyte-Seeded High-Density Collagen Constructs” BMES, poster, 2018. (please link this to http://submissions.
mirasmart.com/SecureView/ BMESArchive/radfn3oaqh4.pdf )
- Kim J., McCorry MC, Springer N, Plaas A, Sandy J, and Bonassar LJ. “Glucose Concentration in Culture Media Changes Proteoglycan Production and Fiber Formation in Tissue Engineered Meniscus” ORS, poster, 2018. (please link this to https://www.ors.org/
- Kim J., Beloor J., Ullah I., Chung K., Lee S. K., and Kumar P. “Macrophage Specific Delivery of siRNA Targeting CCR2 Inhibits Adipose Tissue Associated Inflammation and Recovers Insulin Resistance in Obese Mice” The Korean Society for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Poster, 2014.
- Kim, S. H., Kim J., Lee D., Ullah I., Ban H., Kumar, P., and Lee S. K. “RNA interference-based Therapeutic Nano-Medicine for AIDS” The 4th International Workshop on Humanized Mice, Poster, 2013.
Honors and Awards
- Kwanjeong Educational Foundation Scholarship
Jongkil is originally from South Korea and went to Hanyang University in South Korea for his undergraduate and master degree in bioengineering. He enjoys playing soccer, tennis, and kickball and listening to music in his free time.