M.S. in Biomedical Engineering
Cornell University, 2015
Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering
Cornell University, 2017
Mary Clare is a fourth year Ph.D. student working to create a tissue engineered meniscus. She is specifically studying the mesenchymal stem cell applications in tissue engineering the meniscus and meniscus-to-bone interface.
Honors and Awards
- CTSC TL1 Training Grant
- HHMI Med into Grad Fellowship
- NSF Materials REU at Carnegie Mellon
- Best in Senior Design at the Northeastern Bioengineering Conference
- Koerner Graduate Fellowship
- President’s IQP Award (WPI)
- Funded by Howard Hughes Medical Institute Med into Grad Fellowship
- Weill Cornell Medical College Clinical and Translational Science Center NIH TL1 Scholar
- NSF GRFP Honorable Mention
Mary Clare is from Marshfield, Massachusetts. While an undergraduate at WPI, she sang a cappella and did musical theatre. Now that she’s at Cornell she has embraced her inner explorer and loves hiking and paddling with her dog Ruari.